During this course, the topics of indication, perioperative management and various surgical techniques will be covered in lectures, as well as the observation of live surgery with various techniques (One-Anastomosis Gastric Bypass (OAGB), Sleeve Gastrectomy, Omega-Loop Gastric Bypass, RYGB & Revisional Surgery - SADI-S), depending on course level.
Participants of this program will have the opportunity to:
- Discuss different bariatric procedures during live cases with expert faculty
- Obtain a clear overview of instrumentation used
- Share best practice techniques on operating room organization
- Discuss patient cases with expert faculty and learn how to better manage complications
This program is designed for advanced surgeons who are currently performing bariatric & metabolic procedures and have a good understanding on how to perform laparoscopic bariatric (RYGB & sleeve gastrectomy) procedures.
By attending this course, participants will:
- Gain insights on the safe approach of various bariatric & metabolic procedures
- Learn safe and effective use of laparoscopic staplers, ultrasonic, and advanced bi-polar energy devices through video and case observations
- Acquire current knowledge and the optimal management strategy for each patient
- Learn to manage difficult scenarios and understand how to address potential complications
University Hospital AKH Vienna.
Arrival on Day 1:
Lectures, scientific discussion and dinner with Faculty.
Lectures, live case and discussions.
Flight departing earliest at 6 PM from Vienna airport.
1 extra day of live cases.
- Literature data overview bariatric surgery
- Evolution of surgical bariatric techniques in AKH Vienna (20+ years of experience)
- Focus on scientific research in OAGB
The lectures will be followed by dinner with Faculty.
Live cases (depending on patient mix):
- One-Anastomosis Gastric Bypass
- Omega-Loop Gastric Bypass
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
In between OR sessions, there will be lectures on patient selection, surgical techniques, patient follow-up and complication management.