This Clinical Immersions (CIs) aims to spread the knowledge about the laparoscopic colonic surgery, including its procedures, technology and recommendations. The procedures included in these courses are:
- Laparoscopic Right Colonic Resection
- Laparoscopic Left Colonic Resection
The CIs include theoretical sessions and also practical sessions preceded by presentations of the clinical cases. Beside the valuable theorical knowledge that they gain during the course, the participants have the opportunity to attend live surgery performed by very experienced professionals.
General surgeons specially focused on colorectal surgery that want to move to minimally invasive surgery Each trainee must have ≥25 abdominal colorectal operations/year. At least 50% of his/her surgical volume in general laparoscopic surgery (Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy / Appendectomy / Hernia)
The organization of these CIs will result in better trained professionals, with solid theoretical and practical knowledge to implement in their everyday routines.
By attending these courses, participants will:
- Be trained on several laparoscopic colon surgery approaches
- Get to know the latest Medtronic technologies and solutions
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to implement some specific techniques in their center