This course includes 3 modules during the year:
- General Laparoscopy Concepts
- Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
- Laparoscopic Rectal Surgery
These modules include lectures covering surgical indications and techniques. In the second practical part, the participants are involved in the operational process through the observation of live surgeries. During the breaks, the professionals discuss the cases.
Young general surgeons specially focused on colorectal surgery that want to move to minimally invasive surgery. Each trainee must have ≥ 25 abdominal colorectal operations/year. At least 50% of his/her surgical volume in general laparoscopic surgery (Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy / Appendectomy / Hernia).
The organization of these CIs will result in better trained professionals, with solid theoretical and practical knowledge to implement in their everyday routines.
By attending these courses, participants will:
- Be trained on several laparoscopic colon surgery approaches
- Get to know the latest Medtronic technologies and solutions
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to implement some specific techniques in their center